SHRIMP AND ZUCCHINI SCAMPI
Note: A frying pan is the secret to this super simple dish!
- • 1 1/2 lb. shelled, deveined shrimp
- • 2 tbsp. oil
- • 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- • 4 tbsp. butter
- • 3/4 c. white wine
- • 1/8 tsp. salt
- • 1 lb. linguine, cooked
- • 1/4 c. pasta cooking water
- • 2 tsp. lemon peel, grated
- • Chopped parsley, for serving
- • Cook shrimp in oil 3 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Transfer shrimp to plate.
- • To skillet, add zucchini, garlic, and butter. Cook 3 minutes. Add white wine and salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring and scraping. Toss vegetables with shrimp linguine, pasta cooking water, lemon peel, and parsley.
CHILI STEAK WITH HAWAIIAN RICE
Note: This 20 minute meal is full of flavor but low on effort. Save leftover cooked white rice for quick weeknight meals like this.
- • 1 1/2 lb. skirt steak
- • 2 tsp. chili powder
- • 1 1/2 tsp. grated lime peel
- • 1/2 tsp. salt
- • 2 c. fresh pineapple, chopped
- • 1 c. packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- • 3 c. Cooked white rice
- • Heat outdoor grill on medium-high.
- • Rub skirt steak with chili powder, lime peel, and salt. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toss pineapple with the cilantro leaves and white rice.
- • Thinly slice the steak and serve with rice. Garnish with lime wedges.
GRILLED PEACHES WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
- • 2 ripe peaches
- • 2 ripe nectarines
- • Canola oil
- • 8 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- • Honey and sea salt for finishing/li>
- • Heat grill to medium high heat.
- • Brush the peach and nectarines halves with a touch of with oil and place on the grill for a few minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes total grill marks appear and the fruit starts to caramelize.
- • Remove from the grill with a pair of tongs and serve with a scoop of ice cream in the center of the fruit. Drizzle with honey and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.